Monday, February 27, 2006
AMELIE

Not very often there comes a movie that moves u so much or connects to u in someway. This one is at the top of the list for me.

I watch all the junk movies. But unfortunately I missed this one for a long time, until one of my friends suggested it. I will be presenting the story in pictures and make reading very short in my next post.

Director Jean-Pierre Jeunet's (of Alien: Resurrection)
"Amelie" (rhymes with "Family") deserves to be cherished, hugged and celebrated.

This French movie begins with a narrated flashback to Amelie's childhood that explains her quirky personality, which sets up the warmth, humor to the rest of the film.

According to me this is what movies are supposed to be all about, magical, transporting confections of dreams and hopes and kindness and true love.
 
posted by Mark IV S'nathan at 10:08 pm |


2 Comments:


At 11:07 am, Blogger Sanjana

Vikki... I do agree with u... you seem to see all the junk movies...
But then we need someone to let us know wat movie to see and wat not and u fill the job amply :-)

 

At 4:49 pm, Blogger Karthik Srinivasan

Did u get the CD btw for this movie?? If not remind me when I come next time to Chennai.. :-)

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.